Line closure Frankfurt Central Station–Frankfurt Airport: 7:30 p.m. on 25 October–2:30 p.m. on 26 October 2019, Complete line closure around Frankfurt Central Station: 2:30 a.m.–9:30 a.m. on Saturday, 26 October 2019
New control-command and signalling technology is necessary for the upgraded Homberger Damm track section in Frankfurt‘s Gallus neighbourhood, the Stadion junction and the Gateway Gardens S-Bahn connection. Before this technology can go live, we must also install new software and run safety checks. To perform this work, we will lose the line between Frankfurt Central Station, Stadion and Frankfurt Airport from 7:30 p.m. on Friday, 25 October until 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, 26 October 2019.
In addition, we will close all lines to/from Frankfurt Central Station (incl. the main S-Bahn tunnel) from 2:30 a.m.–9:30 a.m. on Saturday the line between Höchst and Frankfurt Central Station will remain closed until 2:30 p.m. on Saturday:
- Local trains will either not operate or end their journeys at the edge of Frankfurt‘s urban area.
- A comprehensive rail replacement service with buses will operate to/from Frankfurt Central Station.
- U-Bahn, tram and bus services will not be affected by the closures. Passengers can use these forms of transport as usual within central Frankfurt on Saturday morning.
- Most long-distance trains will be rerouted and use Frankfurt (Main) Süd as a replacement stop.
- In certain circumstances, some trains may be cancelled or routes may be shortened.
You can find all of the construction-related timetables in our information systems.
Call a bike voucher
If you would like to use the cycle service offered by Call a Bike during the period of suspension, you can rely on a special offer from RMV and S-Bahn Rhein-Main. The companies provide travelers with a five-euro voucher. This can be redeemed by entering the voucher code “RMVSBAHN” on 25th or 26th October in the Call a Bike app.
We apologise for any inconvenience or lengthier journeys caused by this work.
Phone 0180 6 99 66 33 (EUR 0.20 per call from landlines, max. EUR 0.60 per call from mobile networks)